Sunday, 9 May 2010

How Many Barrowloads in Four Tons?

In case you've ever wondered, and I'm sure you have, what four tons(or is that tonnes) of compost looks like...

well it's quite a lot as you can see. You may recall I recently had a dumpy bag, equivalent to half a ton of Warrior Compost delivered by my local recycling centre, and since I got through it in no time, I thought I would take advantage of their discounted price for bulk delivery.  It came on the back of a sizeable tipper truck, and bless the driver, he did relatively little damage to the garden in tipping this lot into the designated spot. So now all I have to do is barrow it all over the garden.

I've already made up my outdoor tomato beds using this compost, which I hope to finish later today, so I will show you tomorrow. I am trying a new scheme to combat the dreaded blight, which has been so much of a problem for me and many others with outdoor tomatoes in recent years.

More later, I have some barrowing to do...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...